Breaking the ice on a first date is always a little tricky. You want to make sure you don’t come across as creepy or overly forward but need to leave an imprint that will keep the person interested in seeing you again.
That’s why picking the right First Date Questions is so essential — it shows that you’re interested and caring while opening up the potential for a good conversation.
However, it would be easy to be wholly inappropriate or imposing if you’re not careful about what you ask.
You’ve got your outfit picked out, and your hair is on point. You know that you’re going to get along with this person because you’ve scoped them out on Masosa and checked his/ her profile, and it’s finally time to meet up.
So what are you going to talk about on a first date?
We’ve all been there: it’s hard to say anything about yourself (much less something interesting), and it can be even harder to ask someone else questions about themselves in a way that doesn’t make it feel like an interrogation.
We previously discussed the best subjects to talk about on a first date; check the article for more in-depth conversations. Today is Questionner day!
To help inspire you, we’ve collected the best and worst first-date questions you could perhaps ask—and the proper ways to frame them!
Best 14 First Date Questions
- What was your favorite subject in school?
- What do you like to do in your spare time?
- Do you have any hobbies?
- Do you have any pets?
- What’s your favorite food?
- Who was your favorite teacher in school?
- How many siblings do you have?
- Where do you see yourself in five years? Ten years
- What’s a movie you wish was a book?
- What is your favorite thing to do in the summer?
- What’s a TV show you know everything about?
- What was the best part of your last relationship?
- If you had to describe your personality as a piece of furniture, what would it be and why?
- Did you always know what you wanted to do?
Worst 10 First Date Questions
- What do you think of [political topic]?
- Are you a dog or cat person? (unless it’s clear they aren’t)
- How many pets have died in your care?
Is there anything weird in your fridge right now?
- Have you ever been arrested?
- How long were you with your ex?
- Why are you still single?
- How much money do you make?
- Do you believe in marriage/kids/whatever we’re talking about right now?
- What is your credit score?
- Are you seeing anyone else?
First dates can be pretty nerve-wracking. After all, you are trying to figure out who this person is, and you want to make sure that they’re worth the second date.
Of course, there’s no guarantee that they’ll be worth a second date, but a first date conversation doesn’t have to be full of awkward silence!
A Final Thought!
Remember the questions above, use the best of them and ignore the worst. Those 25 questions aren’t the only ones; you can still do your research. I guarantee you that they are enough to have a friendly conversation on your first date.
It shouldn’t be a romantic date to be aware of what you will say; if it is romance, friendship, or work, it’s vital to learn how to ask the right question.
Now that you are ready to talk and memorize all the questions we wrote, you can still ask me how to find that date?
Eeem! Join us on Masosa now, meet people nearby in Vancouver and start socializing uniquely!