Whether you’re an out-of-town guest or just dining with friends around a table, there are some restaurant manners that you should keep in mind. No matter how big or small your group may be, there are some things everyone can do to make sure the server treats you well and makes their job easier.
The last thing you want to happen at a restaurant is to anger or annoy the person serving your food. However, this can quickly occur if you don’t follow some basic manners while ordering.
Let me ask you! Ever been to a restaurant where the server made you feel unwelcome?
Here are the top 10 restaurant manners you need to follow today!
1. Don’t try to save money by asking for a discount.
2. Don’t talk with your mouth full.
3. Don’t put your elbows or your hands under the table.
4. Don’t use foul language or gestures when you aren’t sure what the server’s response will be (no matter how friendly you think they are).
5. Don’t talk about other customers or employees behind their backs—it doesn’t help your relationship with them and makes you look unprofessional.
6. Don’t ask for an item that isn’t on the menu unless you know what they have, and even then, it might not be as good as what’s on the menu.
7. If multiple servers are working at one time, don’t interrupt one another with questions or comments about other tables’ orders; wait for one person at a time before asking anything
8. Don’t ask for a bill before you’re finished eating.
9. Don’t fidget in your seat.
10. Don’t make noise or clear your throat while eating or drinking.
What do servers dislike, and should you stop doing now?
If you’re a restaurant server, you know that diners do certain things that can be downright annoying.
1. Don’t snap your fingers or wave your hand to get our attention. Politely say, “excuse me,” and we’ll be happy to help you.
2. Don’t ask us to break the rules for you. If we have a dress code, it’s for a reason, and we can’t make exceptions just because you’re unique (or think you are).
3 . Don’t touch us without permission. Please respect our boundaries and keep your hands to yourself.
Are you new in Vancouver and looking to practice restaurant manners?
8 Waterfront Restaurants In Vancouver With Views That Will Surprise You
Top 8 outdoor seating restaurants in Vancouver
Most 11 popular food in Vancouver you can taste in 2022
- Vietnamese Pho
- Indian Curry
- Mexican Tacos
- Canadian Poutine
- Chinese Dumplings (Jiaozi)
- Japanese Ramen
- Greek Gyros
- Italian Pizza
- American Burgers
- Dim Sum
Still, who’s going with you to one of the restaurants above?
Join us on Masosa and meet new people in Vancouver. The app is now available on the App store.
It’s time to enjoy this beautiful city and its food!
You can invite someone using The Masosa app or ask him/her to pay for your meal. The third option available is to split the bill!
Yes, as you heard, asking someone to split the bill is not any more awkward; with masosa, it’s never been easier!